Name: Zelal Muhammad Deeb Al-Jaji
Place and date of birth: Aleppo, Syria,
Specialization: Arabic Language (Modern Literature and Criticism / Narrative Semiotics)
Address: Izmir, Turkey
1- Bachelor’s degree in Arabic Language (1996), Faculty of Arts, Sana’a University.
2- Pre-Masters in Arabic Language (2001), Faculty of Arts, Sana’a University.
3- Master’s degree in Arabic Language (2005), Faculty of Arts, Sana’a University. Specialization: Modern Literature and Criticism. Grade: Excellent with honors.
4- Professional diploma of a university faculty member, University of Science and Technology, Sana’a (2008 - 2011), accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education. Yemen.
5- Pre-Ph.D in Arabic Language (2013), Faculty of Arts, Sana’a University. Grade: Very Good.
6- Ph.D. in Arabic language, Faculty of Arts, Sana’a University. Yemen. Date of thesis discussion: 2017. Date of obtaining the certificate: 2018. Major: Modern Literature and Criticism, Grade: Excellent: Cumulative GPA: 92.4%.
Arabic: Mother tongue and the language of specialization.
Work and Experience
1-Teaching all disciplines of Arabic Language for eight years (1997-2005) in private and public schools affiliated with the Ministry of Education at the primary and secondary levels, the Republic of Yemen - Sana'a.
2- University teaching: sixteen years
i. (2006-2014) Teaching Arabic language and literature at the University of Science and Technology / Yemen.
ii. (2016-2019) Distance Education - Rushd University / Arabic language requirement / developing curriculum of Arabic compulsory subject, and teaching it to the Bachelors level/
iii. (2018- up to date) Teaching Arabic as a second language - Dokuz Eylül University/ Turkey – Izmir.
A- Academic tasks:
Teaching the following specialized subjects at the Department of Arabic Language (bachelor level):
Literature in the pre-Islamic era (1) and (2), literature in early Islam, Andalusian literature, literature in the first and second Abbasid periods, literature of countries and the emirates, advanced writing skills, modern Arabic literature, literary theory, advanced language training, literary research methods, ancient literary criticism, and Graduation Thesis / Department of Islamic Studies and Arabic Language - Education / Arts - College of Humanities and Social Sciences / University of Science and Technology, Republic of Yemen - Sana'a (2006 - 2014).
Teaching university requirements at various faculties:
- Communication skills in the Arabic language (1,2,3), University of Science and Technology, Sana’a / Yemen (2006-2014).
- Preparing the course of Arabic language at Rushd Virtual University / Turkey in 2016 and developing it further in 2019.
- Teaching the Arabic language course at Rushd Virtual University / via the distance education system, virtual education (2016/2018).
Teaching Arabic to non-native speakers:
- Contributing to the establishment of the Arabic program for non-native speakers at the University of Science and Technology, Sana’a / Yemen, 2006.
- Teaching Arabic within the program of Teaching Arabic to non-native speakers, University of Science and Technology - Yemen (2006 - 2008)
- Teaching Arabic for the preparatory year / Faculty of Theology / Dokuz Eylül University / Izmir (2018/2019 to date)
B- Administrative tasks:
- Academic Coordinator (Department of Islamic Studies and Arabic Language, Education/Literature) University of Science and Technology (2006 - 2011).
- Member of the Board of the Arabic Language Department, College of Education/College of Arts, University of Science and Technology, Sana’a (2006-2013).
- Member of the Council of the College of Administrative and Human Sciences and a representative of the Women’s Branch of Humanities / University of Science and Technology (2007 - 2008).
- Member of the Academic Council of the Female Branch of the University of Science and Technology - Sana’a (2006-2008)
- Member of the Deanship of the Female Branch Deanship - University of Science and Technology - Sana'a (2010-2014)
- Academic Supervisor of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences representing the Female Branch / University of Science and Technology (2011-2014).
- Member of the Examination Committee, Female Branch (2006-2014).
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee / Examination Committee, University of Science and Technology - Sana'a (2008-2014) for the first and second semesters.
- Head of the Examination Committee of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Female Branch, for the first semester of the academic years 2014/2103 and 2011/2012.
- Head of the Disciplinary Committee (College of Humanities and Social Sciences) (for the college in its two branches: male and female) for the academic year (2013/2014) for the two semesters.
Training and Courses:
1. Using modern electronic technology in education, Teaching and Learning Center/University of Science and Technology/Yemen. Certificate of Participation (2012).
2. Students’ behavioral patterns and the art of dealing with them - the art of dialogue - the art of time management - creativity) University of Science and Technology Yemen for the academic year 2006/2007, certificate of participation.
3. Passing a course for teachers of Arabic to non-native speakers held by Andalus University in partnership with I love Arabic Center - Riyadh for one week and obtaining a certificate for passing this course (2008).
4. The nature of learning at the university level, Education and Learning Center, University of Science and Technology, Yemen.
5. Evaluation and development of the university curriculum, Teaching and Learning Center, University of Science and Technology, Yemen.
6. Effective university teaching methods, Teaching and Learning Center, University of Science and Technology, Yemen.
7. Measurement and Evaluation, Teaching and Learning Center, University of Science and Technology, Yemen.
8. Educational Technology, Teaching and Learning Center, University of Science and Technology, Yemen.
9. Educational Research Methods, Teaching and Learning Center, University of Science and Technology, Yemen.
10. Developing a program description document for programs nominated for academic accreditation, Teaching and Learning Center / University of Science and Technology.
11. Symposium (Scientific Symposium for Developing Arabic Language Curricula for Non-Native Speakers) Center of Arabic Language and Oriental Studies/ University of Science and Technology/ Yemen. (26-28/08/2013), Certificate of Participation.
12. Workshop (Description of University Program Courses). Teaching and Learning Center/ University of Science and Technology/ Yemen. (2013 AD)
13. A training course (achievement exams). Faculty of Open Education. University of Science and Technology, 2014.
14. Training course (THERIZ Program for Creative Problem Solving.) Teaching and Learning Center, University of Science and Technology, 2014.
15. Training course (analytical reading): Knowledge Corner Library, University of Science and Technology/ Female Branch (2008 AD)
16. Training course for teachers of Arabic to non-native speakers, Qased Center, Jordan, 2017.
Experience in the areas of specialization:
1. An External referee for the Journal of the College of Islamic and Oriental Studies, University of Peshawar (Peshawar Islamicus) (2018-Present).
2. Language editor for The Arab Journal for Quality Assurance of University Education, issued by the Association of Arab Universities, for four years.
3. Language editor for The Arab Journal for the Development of Excellence, issued by the Center for Excellence Development/ University of Science and technology, for 4 years.
4. Proofreader at Al-Ziyadah Satellite Broadcasting Company in Amman/Jordan, politics, economics, sports, and television news and audio reports, 2018.
5. Linguistic review of master's and doctoral theses (within community service).
6. Experience in proofreading the graduation research for female students of the Arabic Language Department who are specializing in translation (within the university community service).
7. Good knowledge and practice of computers and the Internet, dealing with hardware and software in the presentation of the scientific method, and distance education. And the practice of teaching in the distance education system for more than four years.
8. A printing certificate in both languages (Arabic and English) from Jordan (in 1989).
9. Community service (participation in the jury (literary) for some charitable social institutions, the orphan sponsorship project).
10. Experience in the field of student activities.
11. Experience in dealing with students in an educational manner.
12. Leadership skills, and teamwork skills.
13. The ability to assume the responsibilities entrusted to me and not to evade them, and the ability to accomplish accurately and quickly under work pressure.
14. Active and diligent work, and the ability to negotiate and persuade.
Research and books:
1. Presenting joint research in the conference of “Arabic Language Bridge of Civilization Communication - Reality and Future Ambition entitled “The Level of Arabic Language Skills for a Faculty Member,” (2012/2013).
2. Joint research: “Contemporary Islamic song: A case study of Syrian Nasheed”, published in journal Peshawar Islamicus, 2017.
3. “The Semiotics of Narrative Discourse in Prison Literature - The Cochlea, Diary of a Voyeur - A Model,” Mosaique for Publishing and Distribution, 2022.
4. “A semiotic reading in the poem (Allegiance under the Shades of the Spirit / by the poet Nart Al-Sheikh), accepted in Al Dirasat Al Islamiyah. Islamabad. Pakistan.
5. “The Space of the City in (Season of Migration to the North / Tayeb Salih), accepted.
6. Reviewer in the academic committee for the conference, Conference of Science and Development in Yemen, 2022.
Certificates of Appreciation
1. Sheba University (Yemen) for participating in the preparation of a poetry competition (2006-2007).
2. Student Activities Department/ University of Science and Technology, Republic of Yemen, (2007-2006).
3. Academic Affairs of the University of Science and Technology (Yemen), for the year (2006-2007).
4. Department of Islamic Studies and Arabic Language at the University of Science and Technology (2006-2007).
5. Thanks and appreciation from the Presidency of the University of Science and Technology for the academic year (2007-2008).
6. Acknowledgments from the Deanship of the Female Branch/University of Science and Technology (2011-2012).
7. Acknowledgments from the College of Humanities and Social Sciences for obtaining the Department of Islamic Studies and Arabic Language for the first level in the university departments (2012/2013)
- Web Page